Eligibility Criteria For Admission To PG Courses
1The students passed out in the year 2018 & 2019 are only eligible for admission tothe following PG & other courses for the academic session2019-20.
|Subject ||Eligebility Criterion
||40 % in Honours subject
|History,Music in (RabindraSangeet) & (Hindustani Vocal-Music)
||40% in Honours subject for Honours students 50% in relevant general subject for B.A(Three years ) general student
|Applied Mathematics with Oceanology and Computer Programming, Botany, Geography, Zoology, Food Science & Nutrition,
||40 % in Honours subject
|Human Physiology, Computer Science
||40% in Honours subject for Honours students 50% in relevant general subject for B.sc(Three years ) general student
Selection And Admission Process
- For the students of Vidyasagar University(60% of totalseat)
- Selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit on marks obtain in honours Paper
- As per order of the Govt. of West Bengal 60% of total seats in each subject will be reserved for the students of V.U & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University and the rest 40% seats are open toall.
- The 60% of total seats in each subject, reserved for candidates who have passed undergraduate Honours examinations from VU & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University, will be filled up from the merit list.
- Quota for SC/ ST will be considered as per Govt. order 906 Edn / Estt dated 18.09.1997. Number of seats (SC-22%, ST-6%, OBC-A-10%, OBC-B-7%) will be calculated and considered separately for 60% seats of V.U. students and 40% seats for Open Competition. Fraction of 0.5% or more will be rounded to the next whole number.
- 5% of each category (Gen/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B) will be reserved for Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates. Merit list will be prepared on the percentage of PwD. In case of non-availability of PwD candidate, the seat reserved for PwD of the particular category will be converted to that Categoryonly.
For Open Competition (40 % of total seats)
- 2.1 The minimum marks required for admission through Open Competition (40% of total seats) is asfollows:
Arts and Science:
- For honours students 40% marks in HonsSubjects .
- For general students 50% in relevant subject.
- 40% Seats in each subject are Open to all (students of V.U & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University/Other universities), which will be selected from the merit list based on marks obtained in Honours paper (for Honours student) or in concerned General paper( General student).
- Application form, if not properly filled in and accompanied with attested copies of the documents as stated above, is liable to be cancelled.
- All the provisionally admitted candidates are required to produce all original Certificates, Marksheets and testimonials for verification during admission. Candidate or his/her authorized person is to be present at the time of verification andadmission
- If at any stage, it is found that a candidate has concealed, suppressed or distorted any information/fact, in the application form, his/her admission to the College, if granted, shall standcancelled.