Raja Narendralal Khan Women's College, RNLK, Gope College (Midnapore)

Raja Narendra Lal Khan Women's College (Autonomous)
Gope College

Re-accredited with grade ‘A’ by NAAC

Webmail
9064820067
rnlkcollege@gmail.com

Eligibility Criteria

Eligibility Criteria For Admission To PG Courses

The students passed out in the year 2019 & 2020 are only eligible for admission to the following PG & other courses for the academic session 2020-21.

Subject Eligebility Criterion
Bengali, Sanskrit 40 % in Honours subject
History, Music in (RabindraSangeet) & (Hindustani Vocal-Music) 40% in Honours subject for Honours students
50% in relevant General subject for B.A.(General-Three years ) students
Applied Mathematics with Oceanology and Computer Programming, Botany, Geography, Zoology, Food Science & Nutrition, 40 % in Honours subject
Human Physiology, Computer Science 40% in Honours subject for Honours students
50% in relevant General subject for B.Sc(General-Three years ) students

Selection And Admission Process

For the students of Vidyasagar University(80% of total seat)

  1. The admission of the 80% category students, the merit list will be prepared in the following manner.
    1. UG (Hons) final percentage of marks (Part-I, Part-II & Part-III takingtogether) in case of annual system.OR
    2. UG (Hons) equivalent percentage of marks converted from CGPA, in case of semester (CBCS)system.
  2. As per order of the Govt. of West Bengal 80% of total seats in each subject will be reserved for the students of V.U and the rest 20% seats are open to all.
  3. The 60% of total seats in each subject, reserved for candidates who have passed undergraduate Honours examinations from VU will be filled up from the merit list.
  4. Quota for SC/ ST will be considered as per Govt. order 906 Edn / Estt dated 18.09.1997. Number of seats (SC-22%, ST-6%, OBC-A-10%, OBC-B-7%) will be calculated and considered separately for 60% seats of V.U. students and 40% seats for Open Competition. Fraction of 0.5% or more will be rounded to the next whole number.
  5. 5% of each category (Gen/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B) will be reserved for Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates. Merit list will be prepared on the percentage of PwD. In case of non-availability of PwD candidate, the seat reserved for PwD of the particular category will be converted to that Category only.

For Open Competition (20 % of total seats)

The minimum marks required for admission through Open Competition (40% of total seats) is as follows:

Arts and Science:

  • For B.A.(Hons)/B.Sc.(Hons) students 40% marks in Hons Subjects.
  1. 2.3. 20% Seats in each subject are Open to all (students of V.U & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University/Other universities), The admission of the 20% category students (open to all, including students of Vidyasagar University& autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University), the merit list will be prepared in the followingmanner.
  2. UG (Hons) percentage of marks obtained (Part-I , Part-II and Part-III taking together) for the annual system.

UG (Hons) equivalent percentage of marks converted from CGPA as per the rule fixed by their home institution, based on the six semesters (Sem-I to Sem-VI) in case of semester (CBCS)system student or in concerned *General paper (B.A.(Gen)/B.Sc.(Gen) students).

*(Applicable only for Applicants for History, Music in (RabindraSangeet) & (Hindustani Vocal-Music) and Human Physiology, Computer Science)

N.B:

  1. Application form, if not properly filled in and accompanied with attested copies of the documents as stated above, is liable to be cancelled.
  2. All Admissions are provisional and the admitted candidates are required to produce all original Certificates, Marksheets and testimonials for verification .Candidate or his/her authorized person is to be present at the time of verification as and when notified.
  3. If at any stage, it is found that a candidate has concealed, suppressed or distorted any information/fact, in the application form, his/her admission to the College, if granted, shall stand cancelled.