Selection and Admission Process
- The PG courses offered by the Institution are self-financed.
- Application fees for PG Application Rs. 300/-
Applications are now being accepted for the upcoming academic year 2023-2024. We cordially invite all interested candidates to apply starting from July 5, 2023. The admission process will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis, so we encourage applicants to submit their applications promptly.
- Admission Criteria for M.A & M.Sc. Stream
- For admission into the M.Sc. stream, students must have obtained a CGPA of 8 or higher in the relevant subject.
- For admission into the M.A stream, students must have obtained a CGPA of 7.5 or higher in the relevant subject.
If any student does not meet the CGPA requirements for admission on a first-come, first-served basis, a merit list will be published based on the CGPA points obtained in the relevant subject. Students will be ranked according to their CGPA score, and admission dates will be extended based on the merit list.
- As per order of the Govt. of West Bengal , 80% of total seats in each subject will be reserved for the students of Vidyasagar University& autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University and the rest 20% seats are open to all (including students of Vidyasagar University& autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University)
- Reservation policy will be considered as per Govt. order 906 Edn / Estt dated 18.09.1997. The category wise percentage (%) of reserved seat is as follows: SC-22%, ST-6%, OBC-A-10%, OBC-B-7%. Fraction of 0.5% or more will be rounded to the next whole number.
- 5% of each category(Gen/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B) will be reserved for differently-abled candidates. Merit list will be prepared on the percentage of disability. In case of non-availability of differently-abled candidate, the seat reserved for differently-abled candidates of the particular category will be converted to that Category only.
- 1% of total seats of all PG courses are reserved as Sports/ Culture quota.